Monday, July 26, 2010

cUpCaKeS aNd rOlLeRcOaStErS :)

So a few weeks ago, I went to a Brandon Heath concert in Chattanooga with a friend and let me just tell you, it was incredible. It was an outside concert, and we got to watch the rehersals. He even let us take pictures! Well, I went to the car with my friend to get something that I made him, and when we got back, he was through rehersing but the man at the gates said that he had come outside looking for us because he wanted to say hi. Brandon Heath wanted to say hi to me. AH! But alas, we missed him, so we had to wait to say hi to him after the concert like everyone else.
But who's to say that's a bad thing? The concert was fantastic! We sat on the front row (of course) and were so close, I seriously could have tied his shoes. He sounded great and played some new songs which were fantastic. He's so amazing, all of his songs have such a cool story and a great message behind them. I absolutely cannot wait until the new record. It's called Out Of Eden and I can already tell you, it's gonna be epic.
After the concert was over, my dad got me the setlist,and I got the band to sign it. I was pretty much freaking out waiting in line to talk to him, but I was able to gain composure when the time came.
This past Christmas, Andrew Peterson did a tour called Behold the Lamb of God, and Brandon Heath was part of it. My mom was the artist chaperone and I got to ride with her to pick up the bands. I sat next to brandon Heath without knowing it, and when he introduced himself, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. He just laughed at me... :) I got to have dinner with all the artists and we had the most interesting conversation. They were telling their greatest fears and pet peeves, and let me just tell you, it was hilarious.
Anyway, back to the concert. Well, I told Brandon all of this in the hopes that he might remember me, and guess what? He did! major :) He said that he wanted to do that tour again this fall and that would be awesome! I got him to sign a bunch of stuff and then got back in line to see him again.
When we got back to the front, my dad asked if we could get a picture with him in front his tour bus and he was like, "Sure! Of course!" My dad really is an experienced concert goer because, just as he predicted, when he got to the bus, Brandon Heath said, "Would you guys like to come have a look inside?" Um, let me think... well... if you insist... YES PLEASE! So we got a tour of Brandon Heath's bus by none other than the man himself. We took more pictures with him, and then he did something totally unexpected. He asked us if we wanted a cupcake. Hence the title, cupcakes and rollercoasters (rollercoasters because it was at a theme park)
I didn't really want one, but come on, Brandon Heath was offering me one so of course, i accepted; and I just have to say, it was delicious. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh girl! that is like so cool! I don't really know all the famous singers or whatever or like going to concerts...but this...this is cool! it makes me wish i could have met this brandon heath (dunno who he is sorry :S ). i miss u girl! anna kate's blog is http://annakatenix.blogspot.com/ ,and u kno what my blog is.

    maddie

    ReplyDelete